On 25. 06. 20 15:50, Richard Hughes wrote:
Hi all,

In fwupd we ship 4 *tiny* python scripts that are useful for ODMs and
other people working with low level firmware blobs. In
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fwupd/pull-request/2 it was
suggested we split them off as a subpackage to avoid the
/usr/bin/python3 dep which is unwanted on CoreOS. It does seem a bit
crazy to split off a subpackage when the rpm header will be bigger
than the contents. Given these are such small files and certainly not
warranting dragging python3 onto the image, I did hope I could use
%{?python_disable_dependency_generator} to tell rpmbuild to basically
ignore the .py files and not add a /usr/bin/python3 dep on my package
automatically. Unfortunately that seems not to work. Ideas welcome,
thanks!

The %{?python_disable_dependency_generator} will only disable the "Python dependency generator", described in

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python/#_automatically_generated_dependencies

What you need is to disable is the "shebang dependency generator" from RPM. The easiest way is to use:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering/

    %global __requires_exclude ^%{python3}$

--
Miro Hrončok