hi,

On 6/25/20 11:58 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> forgemeta works in release mode, with release archives published over
> http(s). It does not talk at all to source projects using the git
> protocol (and that is intentional, since a lot ot things tooling-side
> do not talk the git protocol and will never talk the git protocol,
> starting with rpm itself, spectool, etc).

noted.  not clear initially from reading the docs; this helps. thx!

> git is not the only scm system out there.
(snip)

sure.  i'm trying to get forge playing nice with not-included-yet hg sources
atm :-)

>  From a pure auditing side

> Note that your spec as it stands is inherently unsafe since
> The correct auditable way

(snip)

yup.  and for the moment -- while I'm getting my 'end product' sorted out --
that's intentional, and I'm not concerned with audit trail.

yet.

point taken otherwise.

> So you should have a long list of
> %forgeurlX

that's already changed in my latest ...

> %tagX or %commitX

fair enuf, now that the above is nice-n-clear ...

> and a single %forgemeta -a at the end

was having weird artifacts doing that earlier, so split into
one-per-source-target.

once a forge bug (other thread) gets ironed out, that'll get revisited, too.

> That will change soonish BTW, I’m currently doing final testing on code
> that will use a slightly different syntax:
>
> %forge_urlX
(snip)

that'll get announced ... here?

do you have a _rough_ timeframe for when that'll be consistently
supported/usable in rpmbuild, mock & COPR?
bunch of moving parts to get in sync ...

> Because not making -a the default and emphasising -z in the
> documentation was comfusing users. -z should be a last resort debuging
> help

it was helpful for debug, here.  and at my early stage, necessary ...

> not the first thing you look at when packaging multiple sources.

yup

> That will leave you with each individual source unpacked and patched in
> %{_builddir}, and needing a some symlinks between %{_builddir}
> subdirectories to construct a unified source trees, but that’s how
> multisource works deep down in rpm, nothing I invented myself.

that's what i'd naively assumed was to cleanly happen when i'd started with
this multisource spec.
if this cleans that up, then +1 !

> ... have people butcher it to achiever their aims ...

but, that's _our_ job! ;-)

cheers.