On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 4:06 AM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 01.07.2020 23:00, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > We still can't use NVIDIA proprietary drivers on UEFI because Fedora's
> > kernel configuration is too strict for that. I personally consider it
> > a good thing, but that's a problem for others.
>
> NVIDIA proprietary drivers from RPM Fusion repository works absolutely
> fine on UEFI configurations (even KMS).
>
> If you need Secure Boot feature to be enabled, you must sign the
> compiled kmod packages with your own CA.

This is what's wrong with everything. *This is not okay*. This is
intentionally a poisonous user experience because we provide no
automatic or easy way for this to be done. I understand and agree with
the reasons for why it is this way, but you can't have it both ways if
you want an easy user experience.

Either you sign the drivers server side and auto-trust that
certificate (prebuilt kmods), or you sign the drivers device-side
(akmods) and auto-trust that certificate.

Pick your poison, and drink it. Stop hand-waving around it.