On 02/07/20 14:41 -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
El jue., 2 jul. 2020 a las 13:30, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel (<
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>) escribió:

On 01.07.2020 22:47, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> So the question is: in this case I can override the Fedora compiler
flags?

Don't do this, please. You should fix such potentially vulnerable parts
of code and send your patch to upstream.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)

Thanks everyone, I guess the same thing goes for:

warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)'
declared with attribute 'warn_unused_result'

(The line in the source code  is if(upLogPerror) ::write(2,logbuf,n); \  )

doesn't it?

That's only a warning. Ideally the code should check the write, but
it's not actually preventing you building the package.