On Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:09:14 PM MST Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 10:54 PM John M. Harris Jr <joh...@splentity.com>
> wrote:

> > > I think that as far as 32-bit support is concerned, the issue was less
> > > that Fedora pushed for "hardware obsolescence" and more that no one
> > > "pushed" for support.  Fedora is a collection of the work of
> > > volunteers,
> > > and supporting 32-bit hardware requires more than simply sending SRPMs
> > > through the build pipeline.  Things break, and over time there were
> > > fewer volunteers willing and able to fix those problems.  The way I
> > > remember it, there were plenty of statements to the effect that as long
> > > as someone was willing to do that work, Fedora would continue to
> > > publish
> > > a 32-bit release.
> > >

> > > That doesn't strictly apply to discussions about dropping BIOS boot
> > > support, but that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.
> >

> > That's not really true. When it came down to it, it was dropped while 32
> > bit Fedora still worked perfectly. I'm left with 5 systems that will
> > never be updated as a result. I asked for a list of issues that warranted
> > ending 32 bit support while it still worked, and got nothing.
>

> That's certainly not true:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/
> thread/MVOBCE4G7DKZ56CQXF3B53WXF7LXHYXJ/

That's a link to the release announcement. If you follow the thread, you'll
find that I was provided a link to two bugzilla links are to meta links to
blockers, where the items that are blocking are not issues preventing x86
systems from actually functioning. Source: My 5 remaining, functional, F30 x86
systems.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.