On Fri, 2020-07-24 at 17:55 -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 at 17:51, Jeff Law <l...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe it's the version that nickc just built in Rawhide this
> > > afternoon.

> > > Even simpler reproducer ...
> > >
> > > $ ar cru test.a /dev/null
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > But that's not triggering for me:(   Let me try with the nbdkit bits
> >

> Would it help if the people having the problem gave a list of what
> RPMs they have installed and what kernel they are running? That could
> help cut down some of the guessing.
What would help would be if someone could untag that version of binutils so that
it doesn't show up in the buildroots anymore.  It's clearly fubar'd.

What exceedingly weird is it looks like like we've got a call through the PLT to
a routine that should be defined, but the PLT entry is zero.  Naturally that
causes bad things to happen.

Jeff