On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 11:18:40AM +0800, Qiyu Yan wrote:
> John Doe <dftxb...@free.fr> 于2020年7月26日周日 上午10:47写道:
> >
> > > I don't have a machine of other than x86_64 so I can't test, but does this
> > > mean fedora's flatpak source is totally unavailable on secondary arches?
> > > Or
> > > I have any misunderstanding of flatpak image building?
> >
> > It looks like it, but it shouldnt be hard to add aarch64 and ppc64le, just
> > a matter of changing a config file, everything should build fine on either
> > arches.

Alas, that is not the case at all.

> > > And changing clusters for koji system is a work for infrastructure team,
> > > maybe a issue at fedora-infrastructure is needed.
> >
> > I see, where exactly do I reach them? Is there a mailing list, you say
> > "issue", a bug tracker maybe?
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

So, flatpaks use the same setup as container builds, and that is OSBS
(Open Shift Build Service).

So, koji has a containerbuild plugin, which uses osbs client to submit
the build to the OSBS cluster, which calls atomic-reactor to build the
container, then it's pushed into the fedora container registry.
(I think I got that right, but I might have misremembered it)

So, to build for other arches requires us to setup OpenShift clusters
for each of those arches.

We had a aarch64 osbs cluster almost up and working in staging before
the datacenter move. Hopefully that work will resume after staging is
back (we have hardware earmarked for it). I don't think ppc64le was
doable due to lack of upstream support, but I could be wrong there.

So, no, it's not simple, it's going to be a lot of work, but it's being
worked on.

kevin