On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:31:32AM -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2020, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > libnbd failed in the mass rebuild.  I kicked off a second build by
> > hand, and it failed in the exact same way:
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=48118058
> >
> > DEBUG util.py:623:  Downloading Packages:
> > DEBUG util.py:621:  Error: Error downloading packages:
> > DEBUG util.py:621:    Cannot download
> > toplink/packages/ocaml/4.11.0/0.4.dev2.fc33/s390x/ocaml-compiler-libs-4.11.0-0.4.dev2.fc33.s390x.rpm:
> >  All mirrors were tried
> >
> > Is this a generic s390 problem of is there really something wrong with
> > the ocaml-compiler-libs package?  If it's generic then I guess this
> > sort of error could be affecting a lot of other packages in the mass
> > rebuild.
>
> Seems to be a generic s390x problem (with networking / connectivity?). At
> least one of my packages failed in a similar was on s390x.

Yes, the local to the s390x builders cache had issues last night.
I disabled all builders and rebooted it, but likely it failed a lot of
builds.

Additionally, it seems like from time to time it just gets swamped.

We are planning on resubmitting the failed builds after the mass rebuild
is complete. Or you can feel free to resubmit any of yours that failed
in this way before then.

I already have some ideas on how to make the s390x setup more robust,
but I'm not going to make changes in the middle of the mass rebuild, but
hopefully that will help for the next one.

kevin