On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 7:32 PM Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The changes should have landed _BEFORE_ mass rebuild, if the change
> owner didn't have the permissions they should have done PRs for all
> the packages rather than having zero direct comms to affected package
> owners and having them find out of a change needed post mass rebuild
> when they get generic FTBFS bugs.
>
> Now people have even more work to do for the unexpected mess :-(

Since the changes did not land before the mass
rebuild (which I agree should have been the
requirement), I would presume that a responsible
change owner, who agreed in the proposal to
make the required changes to packages, would
also take ownership of each and every related
FTBFS bugzilla entry and mark it ASSIGNED (to
themselves).  They (knowingly) broke it, they
own it.  And the best way to make the packagers
aware the the change owners are taking their
responsibilities seriously is update the FTBFS
bugzillas.