On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 5:07 PM Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> There's a sort of technical argument to be made that this is covered by
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_33_Beta_Release_Criteria#desktop-shutdown-reboot-logout
> .
> That says "Shutting down, logging out and rebooting must work using
> standard console commands and the mechanisms offered (if any) by all
> release-blocking desktops", with a footnote "Logging out must return
> the user to the environment from which they logged in, working as
> expected." Arguably the environment from which they logged in is not
> "working as expected" if you can't then log in as someone else.

However, the existing basic criterion [1] only requires the *initially*
created user to be able to log in. So if you create a second user, and
can't log in with it after a system boot, that would not be covered by
neither the basic one nor the one you just quoted. It would be covered by
the proposed change I made, though. I think it's a good idea to have a
clear "logging is must work" criterion somewhere.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Basic_Release_Criteria#Expected_installed_system_boot_behavior

> Adding a more explicit requirement wouldn't hurt, though, I guess. I
> sort of feel like it would be nice to somehow combine and rationalize
> all these related requirements somehow...

I'm not sure what exactly you have on mind. How would you like to improve
it? By having log in/out + shutdown + reboot in the same criterion, it
seems quite "combined".