On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 9:08 am, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
Zbigniew, do you agree that we should remove the script if and only if it is generated by NetworkManager? Otherwise, the change is only partially-implemented for users upgrading from F32 and earlier.

We agreed to go with this approach. /etc/resolv.conf will be moved to /etc/resolv.conf.orig-with-nm on upgrade to F33 if the 'Generated by NetworkManager' comment is present. If you've gone to the trouble to prevent NetworkManager from managing this file, it's likely you've also removed the comment. If not, you can either remove the comment before upgrade, or recover your previous configuration from the /etc/resolv.conf.orig-with-nm backup file after upgrade, and hopefully have only a small blip in your upgrade experience. This will make the upgrade work properly for the 99% of users who don't mess with the defaults and should not be too difficult for those who do.

Michael