On Wed, 2020-08-26 at 20:09 +0000, Michal Fabik wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I wish to apologize for the mess. It's only my second or third
> release and the first one that involved a soname bump, which, as I've
> learned, was the first-ever soname bump for libreport. Reportedly, it
> hadn't really been necessary ever before (even though there had been
> ABI changes in the past) because nobody else is using our code. I
> realize now that I should have studied the whole issue more
> thoroughly before even touching anything. Thank you for all the other
> complaints and remarks in this thread. I'll try to learn from them
> and do my best to not let the situation repeat itself, though I'm
> afraid I'll volunteer to do the next release as well, in an attempt
> to overcome this rather traumatic experience. Get back on the horse,
> they say.
>

> As for the situation right now, there's a fresh bodhi update for f33:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-59e144acee
> We decided to revoke the updates for f31 and f32.

Thanks Michal. Everything looks in line with the F33 update now, to me.
The two failed openQA tests are known issues not caused by the update.
A Rawhide compose is currently running, which will let us know if there
are still any non-obvious issues lurking.

You're not the first or last person to get this a bit wrong, don't
worry :) But it's important to get it right for libreport because it
and abrt are part of release-blocking images, so if it gets out of
line, composes start failing, and we really don't want that. We also
needed to actually get the update into F33 because of the Beta blocker
bug.

Thanks again.
--
Adam Williamson