On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 10:21 PM John M. Harris Jr <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:14:35 AM MST Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:49 pm, John M. Harris Jr
> > <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Michael,
> > >
> > > The file is /etc/nsswitch.conf.
> >

> > You're wasting everyone's time with these low-effort spam posts.
>
> I don't see how this could possibly be spam. This is where the file is, is it
> not?
>
> > Lest  anyone become confused, there is a big warning at the top of that file
> > warning you that it is managed by authselect, and that manual changes
> > will be overwritten.
>
> I don't know what you're talking about here. Am I missing something? Is this a
> F33 Change? Exact content of my /etc/nsswitch:

Stated in the file or not, it is in fact edited by authconfig,
sometimes as part of RPM installation. Manual editing of it is not and
has never been stable without setting up some kind of configuration
management to restore RPM based modifications. Been there, done that,
with one of those 10-year solo admins who decided to hand-edit tweaks
but refused to permit management of the file.

And oh, "files" always comes first because local config files should
always take priority over upstream network based services.