I confess I'm a bit ignorant about how the ELN builds are going to be used.
Especially the ELN builds of glusterfs and ceph.

That aside—

Red Hat ships GlusterFS and Ceph (RHGS and RHCS respectively) as products,
and generally speaking glusterfs and ceph packages are not included in
RHEL; at least they haven't been so far. There are special builds of RHGS
in the RHEL base that are a subset of the RHGS product packages. And I'm
not sure what, if any, subset of RHCS product packages are provided in the
RHEL base.

And at RHEL 8.0 (actually before 8.0) there were issues with RHEL 8 having
inherited the Fedora glusterfs packages into the RHEL base which conflicted
with what the product team was going to be providing — incorrect version,
no subset, etc.

I'd like to avoid a repeat of those issues. I hope the people working on
ELN are coordinating with RHGS and RHCS product teams to avoid a
recurrence of them.

--

Kaleb