Yes, the patch is from an upstream pull request [0] that has already
been merged to the master branch [1] and is planned to be included in
their next release [2] (it's not part of the current 1.3.2 tag).  The
pull request includes a comment linking to said pull request, per the
packaging guidelines [3].  Mumble's traditional push-to-talk
functionality doesn't work under Wayland; this patch adds dbus calls
that can be mapped to keyboard shortcuts as a workaround.  I've built
it like this in COPR [4] and it's worked great for me so far.

[0] https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/pull/3675
[1]
https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/commit/a07bb2f146883ddc725081bf5d3a802e51bcae1f
[2] https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/3243#issuecomment-602499348
[3]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_all_patches_should_have_an_upstream_bug_link_or_comment
[4] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/carlwgeorge/mumble-wayland/

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:57 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM Carl George <c...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy folks,
>>
>> This is a non-responsive maintainer check for fedpop, in accordance with
>> policy [0].  I submitted a pull request for the mumble package last month
>> that has not been answered [1].  Merging this pull request would resolve
>> several bugs [2][3][4], one of which is for a moderate CVE [4].  The
>> maintainer has not responded to any of these bugs.  The oldest one was
>> opened on 2017-01-30.  Checking the mumble commit history, the last activity
>> by the maintainer was on 2015-12-07 [5].
>

> While we should let the non-responsive maintainer process work, the last
> commit being in 2015 is reason enough to move forward with evaluating the
> pull request.
>
> I'm not remotely familiar with mumble but looking at the pull request I don't
> see anything major outside of the patch which is from upstream, yes?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Carl George