On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 03:51:51PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> That's still the case. All this discussion about split DNS is only
> relevant to the case where the user checks the box "use this connection
> only for resources on its network" (or imports a VPN profile that
> selects that automatically). By default, it's not checked, nothing is
> split, all DNS and routing goes to the VPN.

I think the VPN plugin and VPN server has some input, no?  All the VPN
servers I've used send routes to the VPN client to determine which
traffic the client should send via the VPN.  How does that interact
with "use this connection only for resources on its network"?  Does
the user preference take precendence over the VPN server-provided
routes?  What if the VPN server doesn't send any route other than
0.0.0.0/0?