On 4/16/20 5:43 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 07:41:07AM -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
>>
>> Really, it may be best to go about this in the same way as Ubuntu, with nss-
>> dns instead of nss-resolve.. Editing /etc/resolv.conf is still commonly done
>> on Fedora, especially on servers. In fact, I never knew that NetworkManager
>> would clobber that until this thread. If this isn't mean to wreck everyone's
>> systems, backwards compatibility is key.
>
>  Relying on nss_dns causes bugs like
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1624320
> (systemd-resolved appends 127.0.0.53 to resolv.conf alongside existing
> entries).
>  It still gets (angry) comments, years after it was filled.

It is not nss_dns use, which makes angry comments from people. It should
not be pushed into nameservers list when its broken. It should be
possible to use resolved just for mdns and llmnr and leave dns for
proper servers. If it were opt-in and not opt-out, no annoyed comments
would be required.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer