On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:53:49 -0400
> Brandon Lozza <bran...@pwnage.ca> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice to list it somewhere as an exception, to avoid
>> panics :)
>
> Well, I personally do not want to say:
>
> "Hey, anytime you like down the road, you get an exception to push a
> new major version. Have fun".

Well, reading FESCo meeting, it was that we're allowed to do one major
update to Fn due to the different release-cycles of Fedora and KDE.
Bad enough that we need "exceptions" to do our expected work and be
able to be the working official KDE part of Fedora.

> We still need to see what all is in the update, what the pros and cons
> are, etc.

Huh? And who of non-KDE FESCo members can decide what is pro or con in
a KDE update? Are we allowed to decide what is pro or con in a GNOME
update? Which would be the same here. No, the GNOME folks decide what
gets updated, as well as the XFCE or LXDE folks do, and that's as it
should be.

> I could add an example showing this however. :)
>
> Let me do that.

Now i'm curious.

--
Best regards