Hi Yann,

On 10/11/2020 10:11 AM, Yann Collette wrote:
> Hello
>
> I see that you have a "Requires: jack-audio-connection-kit".
>
> I feel because of this, your package will not work with pipewire-jack.
>
> Am I wrong ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Yann

That is 100% incorrect. In fact, pipewire-jack has a "Provides:
jack-audio-connection-kit" line just to deal with this since it's a
drop-in replacement. Unfortunately, it's not being honored by packages
building with jack and relying on Autorequires to deal with the
dependencies.

The problem we're having with packages that don't include the "Requires:
jack-audio-connection-kit" line currently and are depending on
Autorequires to complete that for them is that they're explicitly
requiring the libjack.so.0 file and not the package, which doesn't exist
for pipewire-jack. By being explicit with the Requires, that takes care
of that problem.

In fact, I'm going to be filing bug reports against all applications
that have a "BuildRequires: jack-audio-connection-kit-devel" and tell
them that they need to explicitly require it in order for pipewire-jack
to transition. If this is going to require a change proposal, then so be it.

Thanks,
Erich

--
Erich Eickmeyer