Hi, Jeff,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 4:14 PM Jeff Law <l...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/20 8:09 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 04:03:33PM +0200, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
> >> Hi, Daniel,

> >> Expectations for Fedora maintainers does not change.
> >> ELN is a development playground. Think about sidetag, with slightly
> >> better automation around it.
> >>
> >> We provide ELN as the opportunity, option to play with early releases
> >> of the GCC11 on the side. We are not requiring Fedora maintainers to
> >> participate, we are inviting people who may be interested in this
> >> work.
> > As Fedora maintainer I've been sent details of ELN failures / bugs, and
> > asked to deal with fixes for ELN branches, so there's clearly an expectation
> > placed on Fedora maintainers to be engaged in ELN.
>
> And that's unfortunate.  I've tried to signal to the ELN/Bakery folks
> that they should be contacting me first as any build failure related to
> teh compiler change I've probably already seen in one form or another.
> But it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

We haven't merged gcc11 into ELN yet, and there are no builds or tasks
filed about it to Fedora maintainers.
So I am not sure which issues Daniel is referring to.

Of course if a package needs an adjustment of a spec file to be built
in ELN buildroot, members of the ELN SIG might reach out and ask for
help, or suggest a pull request.
And yes, the expectation is that one member of the community can reach
out to another for the specific issue. I honestly believe that this is
how open source collaboration works.

--
Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar