On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 12:20 AM Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<domi...@greysector.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, 24 October 2020 at 12:28, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
> [...]
> > On top of generic sidetag functionality, ELN has additional features
> > like automated continuous rebuilds of Rawhide packages, regular
> > composes and container builds[1], and people watching after them.
> > Note that we have spent three months on ELN automation and it still
> > has a lot of gaps in it.
>
> Very cool. That's exactly what was missing in the original announcement.
> If you had included that, I'm sure there would have been a lot less
> misunderstanding. Please keep that in mind and make sure you include not
> only "what you're doing" but also "why you're doing it that way" in
> future announcements.

As I said above, communication is not an easy task. And I may skip
some parts because they seem obvious to me, or because I've just
forgotten to mention.
In such cases, please ask. I will try to answer and eventually
document the answers in the ELN docs.

> Can we assume that those features are going to be part of regular
> rawhide at some not-too-distant point in the future?

Which features do you mean?

Regular composes and containers builds are already available in
Rawhide. Most features of ELN are about how to make a generic sidetag
look more like Rawhide. So we rather bring features from Rawhide to
ELN, not the other way. For example, one of the next steps is to
support the rebuild of dynamic sidetags, not just mirror individual
builds from Rawhide as we do now.

I think one of the future goals for ELN automation should be to make
it less ELN-specific and more generic, so that, as Neal suggested, we
may apply the same approach for other activities. But this needs some
time and effort.

> Regards,
> Dominik
> --
> Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org
> There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and
> oppression to develop psychic muscles.
>         -- from "Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar