On Monday, November 16, 2020 12:12:53 AM WET Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Jason,
  welcome to Fedora. :-)

> I'm a Linux admin at a university supporting  around 100+ EL7/8 and Ubuntu
> machines. I've been using Linux as a hobby since around 1994 and
> professionally  since 1999. My first Linux experience was installing
> Slackware from floppies on a computer with a 486DX processor (The
> predecessor to the Pentium chip)

My first experience was similar but with the DX2 (with an whooping 100 MHz).
:-)

> In my personal time, I'm learning a little about fedora packaging in order
> to build some Fedora packages on RHEL8/CENTOS8 for my personal use. I'm
> somewhat familiar with RPM spec files and building RPMs.

Feel free to ask questions if you intend to submit packages for Fedora/EPEL.

> Sincerely,
> Jason

Regards,

PS: every time that by mistake I left the shift pressed for too long and write
e.g. REgards it feels like I am applying a regular expression to something.
Probably this is PTS . :-)
--
José Abílio