On 11/19/20 03:06, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 2:23 PM Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:
On ke, 18 marras 2020, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
Hi,
I realized my fedora-based containers have an /etc/resolv.conf which
claims it is managed by resolved, and nsswitch.conf has "resolve" in
hosts. However, doing something like
# systemd-resolve  --status

results to:
sd_bus_open_system: No such file or directory

Trying to start dbus claims that systemd is not the init:
# systemctl start dbus
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
Failed to connect to bus: Host is down

Is there a way to use systemd resolved in a container?
I figured this out yesterday -- at least in Rawhide, dbus-daemon is now
replaced by dbus-broker which is not active by default.

So you need

   systemctl enable --now dbus-broker

Without it even hostnamectl doesn't work, not just systemd-resolve.
Is that on the "default" fedora container, or do you use something
else? On fedora33 I get the same message about dbus and systemd not
being pid 1.

regards,
Nikos

I was mistaken, there is no fedora-init image. There is a ubi8-init image.