On 12/4/20 5:51 PM, Tom Stellard wrote:
On 12/4/20 4:55 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 12/3/20 6:27 PM, Tom Stellard wrote:
However, in the discussion on the mailing list for this change, not everyone agreed that cmake should Require make and this point was never resolved.  So, since there is still ambiguity here, I am planning to do the safest option, which is to add BuildRequires: make even for packages that use %cmake_build and do not invoke make directly.

For what's it worth I think that packages that only use make via cmake should not have an explcit dependency on make. Packages that use make directly should have an explicit dependency on make (even if they already BR cmake).

OK, so is it safe to assume then that the cmake package will always Require either make or ninja?

No. But it's safe to assume it will always require either make or ninja as long as it invokes make or ninja.

Packages only running "cmake" -> assume all cmake deps are present and don't think whether it is make or not.

Packages running "cmake" and "make" -> declare make as BR and don't assume it will be required by cmake forever.

--
Miro Hrončok