On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Gerald Henriksen <ghenr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Look, I realise you are passionate about KDE, and want the best KDE
> experience in Fedora.  But most people are not developers, they
> instead are using their desktop environment of choice to get regular,
> everyday things done with office software, web browsers, email, and
> sometime even custom software.  They want predictability, which means
> only having to make changes to how they do things when they are
> prepared for the changes, which occurs when they upgrade Fedora.  Thus
> the best KDE experience you can give them is one of stability, where
> KDE helps them do their work instead of being work.

I'm not a developer at all. I'm a hardened power user and I got sick
and tired of not having the latest version of a particular application
and that led me to Fedora Linux. I'm a quick learner and these
disruptive changes often work out increasing my productivity. I
understand this profile doesn't fit everyone but Fedora will end up
losing the more advanced end users in its effort to grab more of the
less advanced end users who are fearful of change and/or gave up their
pursuit of knowledge.

Fedora is just going to end up having a million repos for all the
software that will not be updated for six months. And that makes us
look silly. Windows doesn't have repositories for users who want the
latest firefox, they just download it and install it. No bullshit
required.