On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 10:48:22AM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
[..]
> As a side note, I wonder why do you need to resort to disabling the
> automatic requires generator? If the dependency on pikepdf is bogus, work
> with upstream to remove it. In the mean time, sed/patch it out form upstream
> metadata in %prep.
[..]

img2pdf is a bit special. On the one hand it prefers pikepdf for writing
PDF files, but on the other hand it also support several PDF engines
(including an internal one). Thus, pikedf really is optional.

Since EPEL nor RHEL8 provide pikepdf it makes sense to don't depend on
it then, when building for EPEL.

Ok, I'll try to work-around this by either disabling the generator like
you suggested or by patching the setup.py INSTALL_REQUIRES.

Best regards
Georg

--
'Read this manual carefully as bad input values may cause libcurl
to behave badly!'  curl_easy_setopt(3)