Hello fellow developers.
I've joined this list quite a while ago, mostly to keep a pulse on the Fedora
development community, but also to look to become a package contributor.  But
before getting to that, a few words about myself.

I've been "into computers" since mid-80's, started off with a 4.77 Mhz 8088
(IBM PCjr).  I learned Unix in the early 90's on an IBM AIX system, where I
picked up C programming and sysadmin experience.  Which eventually took me into
the world of Linux (I think it was kernel version 0.12, came on a boot disk and
root disk pair I grabbed off a BBS, long before there was easy general public
Internet access).
Anyway I've been focused on Red Hat based distros for the past 15 years, and at
my current employer I oversee about 700 systems installed at customer locations
(where I was the resource responsible for packaging our applications and
creating system build images).

Any way, what I'd like to give back to the community is a really nice backup
system called Snebu (Simple Network Encrypting Backup Utility).  I initially
developed this more than 8 years ago since there wasn't anything else that fit
my needs -- I used it to back up my personal systems, and also in some lab
environments.  I've read plenty of rants that have been posted about how
backups are either too difficult to set up, or don't support multiple clients,
or require a repository encryption password to be placed in plain text on
clients, and other issues people have.  With that in mind, I believe that Snebu
can be just what people want.

Before going through and submitting the package for formal review, I'd
appreciate some feedback on what I have packaged up so far.  The current
release is at
https://github.com/derekp7/snebu/releases/download/v1.1.0/snebu-1.1.0-1.fc33.src.rpm,
 and the project web site is at https://www.snebu.com.

The main features that it has that are interesting: It maintains a centralized
package database on the server (using SQLite3) tracking backup sets and
metadata; actual files are stored in the filesystem as lzop compressed files
using a file hash for the file name which leads to full cross-system file level
de-duplication (so no proprietary file formats); uses a snapshot style backup
strategy; it uses GNU tar as a serialization format to shuffle backups to the
server which leads to how the public key encryption support was added by
developing "tarcrypt"; and it works in single-system installs, client-push or
server-pull backups, with no agent required on the client.

Another interesting project that I may spin off is the above mentioned
"tarcrypt" command.  This acts as a filter for tar files, which adds RSA key
data to the header (passphrase protected private key, public key, HMAC
signatures, etc), compresses and encrypts the file contents while keeping
standard tar headers in place (with the additional encryption metadata added
via extended PAX headers).  The details on this project is at
https://www.snebu.com/tarcrypt.html.  So far tarcrypt is part of the Snebu
repository, but if there is interest then it may eventually be spun out as an
independent project.

BTW, the current .src.rpm file for Snebu mentioned above has passed through a
valid build using the Fedora "mock" utility, and passed rpmlint.  The only
error rpmlint shows is:
  snebu.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US de -> DE, ed, d
Not sure what that error is saying, as the text at the end of the message
doesn't appear anywhere in the .spec file.

Thanks, and I look forward to your feedback.