Ok, I am the n00b here but I have experienced some nss related problems since upgrading to Fedora 33. I found that the systemd-resolved service interferes with or corrupts previously normal nss functions, most related. to the resolver.

For example, when some hosts used systemd-resolved and others used nss, dig and nslookup don't resolve properly. Sometmes ping does work. Sometimes extrernal lookups work and internals don't and sometimes the other way round. But the exact symptom can depend on which type of host you are working with.

I stopped and disabled systemd-resolved and all of those problems disappeared. Firefox now works fine for me as do all my network services.

http://www.linux-databook.info/?page_id=5951

Thanks

David P. Both, RHCE
He/Him/His
www.both.org - My personal web site
www.Linux-Databook.info - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
The value of any software lies in its usefulness
not in its price.

— Linus Torvalds