On 29/12/2020 01:41, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

I was trying it with Bose QC35 headphones.

It was 0.3.18 and as I say it was showing up as a device but
with no node that I could route audio to.

Maybe an extra step is required for that Bose QC35. Try to forget that device
and reconnect.

That configuration you attached still seems to be missing the
extra "-e bluez5" on the pipewire-media-session line? or is the
comment there wrong when it says that is required?

I haven't needed to put "-e bluez5" as Galaxy Buds+ worked without extra
configuration on a first try.

I had another play with it and I can confirm that I now have
bluetooth working - it does work out of the box but has a habit
of switching back to the on board sound for new audio streams
unless you add that "-e bluez5" argument.

What doesn't work at all, and this is likely what was causing
my problems before, is fast user switching.

That doesn't work with traditional pulseaudio for bluetooth
but you can work around that by disabling the bluetooth modules
in .config/pulse/default.pa for all bar one user if you are
happy only using bluetooth for a single user.

With pipewire not only does it not work for bluetooth, it
doesn't work for the on board sound either - you have to
stop the pipewire service for one user before switching to
the other one or it can't use the sound card as the other
instance still has it open.

I did try and use the (not shipped in Fedora) system service
units for pipewire but I couldn't get them to work.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/