Am 30.12.20 um 22:14 schrieb Michel Alexandre Salim:
- a separate partition for storing GRUB config, no matter what
architecture, is probably the ideal solution
Not always. In VMs you would reduce the amount of partitions to ease up things. The main problem with Vms is, that you have LTS based linux distros on the host systems which can't mount the vm guest, if the guest uses newer filesystems. If you then use BTRFS on the boot partition or store grub configs in partionheaders, you can't access those from the guest making it impossible to change the bootconfig, if it fails for some stupid reasons like older pygrub  ( xen ) boot loaders, which can't handle the kernel images compression/format. Happend last with Xenserver and Kernel 5.9.

For this, i.E. me, choose to store the boot config on /  so we have just one partition with ext4, which can easily mounted on the host, as ext4 can be handled by the older LTS systems on the host.

As Fedora is a good server os, if the ui parts have been removed ;), it should be taken into any consideration, that it may not be a bare metal installation you make plans for. It still needs to run in good old stable setups ;)

Best regards and a happy New Year 2021 to all,
Marius