On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:14:40PM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 8:06 PM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Enable_Spec_File_Preprocessing
> >

> > == Summary ==
> > This change should enable an opt-in spec file preprocessor in Fedora
> > infrastructure for the benefit of packagers. The preprocessor allows
> > some very neat tricks that were impossible before, for example
> > generate changelog and release automatically from git metadata or pack
> > the entire dist-git repository into an rpm-source tarball (effectively
> > allowing unpacked repos to live in DistGit).
>
> As far as I can tell, this is the third implementation of generated
> changelogs ... did the autorelease / autochangelog work that was even
> already deployed in staging not go anywhere?

If you're thinking about rpmautospec, I have in mind to submit it as a change
proposal in the coming month. Fall has been quite busy after the data center
move and I also did not want to have everyone check it and FESCo spend time on
it in a timeframe where we couldn't put up with the work afterward.
So my idea is to submit it in Q1 (Jan-March) to start on it (if approved) in Q2
(May-June).

Pierre