On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 11:55 PM Bojan Smojver via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm aware of alternative testing mechanisms and I already participated
> in the testing of kernel 5.10. That's not the problem.
>
> Kernel 5.9 is EOL. 5.10.5 fixes CVE-2020-36158, for example. There is no
> choice but to go to that branch now anyway. So, I am wondering whether there
> is some known big issue that is outstanding in 5.10 that is blowing people's
> machines up or something else (i.e. delay, oversight, etc.).

That CVE on affects the Marvel mwifiex wifi modules and they're not
particularly widely deployed in a lot of Fedora supported devices.

The usual process for kernel updates is we have a test week which and
at some point after the .3 release we rebase, that was probably
slightly delayed due to EOY related bits but there are builds
available for those that wish to move early and it will be here next
weel.