On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:47 am, Simo Sorce <s...@redhat.com> wrote:
Which is one of the reasons we do not admit boringssl in RHEL.

There is of course no problem to have it in Fedora, but if this is
something that is going to end up in RHEL one day, it would be better
to do the work now to make it use OpenSSL rather than scramble later.

It won't even wind up in Fedora since we need WebKit to remain GPL-compatible. So WebRTC stays disabled until upstream finds a way to get rid of boringssl. The plan is to switch from libwebrtc to GStreamer.

So not such a big deal for me right now, but might be a big deal for anyone hoping to transition to openssl 3.0 anytime other than exactly the same time debuginfod does.

Michael