On 1/27/21 10:44 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 03:32:33PM +0000, George Bastin wrote:
I thought it was a public mailing list, I noted the subject was Commercial
in the Header as stated on the Fedora Guidelines:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Before_Posting_to_the_List

Sure seems reasonable to a 1st read here.

At best the 'Guidelines' lack clarity.

That paragraph doesn't mean that the list can be used for general commercial
messages.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Stay_on-topic still
also applies. If this job posting is directly relevant to Fedora (rather
than just "some people in Fedora may have relevant skills"), that should be
directly called out.

And that somehow justifies 'notifying the legal department' as a 1st response?

However, going out of your way to try to sabotage another person’s livelihood
is way out of line.

+1 to that.