Dne 04. 02. 21 v 15:52 Aurelien Bompard napsal(a):
Hey folks!

As you've probably heard before, we're upgrading our authentication system to
something that is based on FreeIPA.
Here's a quick status report on that initiative.

Thx for the update!

  We're currently in an integration phase, figuring out the smaller details of
configuration and infrastructure setup before we switch production.
- The infra team wants to do a couple things that FreeIPA does not support out
of the box, like enforcing 2FA for specific services such as sudo, so we need
to think about how we want to do it.
- Also, using kinit with 2FA tokens proved to be more complex than we'd like it
to be.
- We're trying out a more continuous approach to importing accounts, because a
full run takes 3 days and during the migration we'll want to run the import
script without having a 3 days downtime.
- We also have to do some FreeIPA performance tuning, because we have something
like 120k accounts and the default configuration is not appropriate for that
amount of data, especially when we want to list all groups or worse, all users.

Isn't there a plan to reduce the number of imported accounts? As far as I remember, there is not more then 1000 active Fedora contributors ...

Vít

To sum it up, we're currently working on integration and migration preparation.
We need to fix these issues before we go to prod, but it's a bit difficult to
say how long it's going to take (especially with perf tuning, fix one perf
issue and there can be another one right behind).
One sure thing is that it's better to have these issues now rather than after
the switch to prod.

Cheers!

Aurélien