On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 8:56 AM Ondrej Mosnacek <omosn...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 4:29 PM Pierre - Yves Chibon
> <pin...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > It's generally disabled AFAIK. Or broken. Same outcome.
> >
> > AFAIK it's still running. Happy to decommission it though.
>
> I think in one pull request, I saw simple-koji-ci being able to
> generate the source tarball (presumably from the Source: URL) -> SRPM
> -> start the build even when the tarball hadn't yet been uploaded to
> the lookaside cache. Fedora CI wasn't able to do that at that time
> (probably still can't) and Zuul CI wasn't enabled on that repo back
> then.
>
> Was I just imagining things or does simple-koji-ci really have that
> feature? If yes, does/will Zuul CI provide the same?

I can't say for simple-koji-ci, but regarding Zuul the default jobs
workflow is:

1: rpm-scratch-build: build a srpm from the PR, submit the srpm to Koji to
run a scratch build,
finally store the built rpms in a public storage

Once 1 is finished, and in parallel:
2: rpmlint: run rpmlint command on built rpms
3: rpminspect: run rpminspect command on built rpms
4: rpm-install-test: install the built rpms on the target system
5: rpm-test (if STI tests inside the PR/distgit): run the STI tests

In addition, if the package produces architecture specific binaries, then
Zuul runs additional
scratch-build jobs such as rpm-scratch-build-[s390x, ...], that are skipped
if fully noarch.
This can be seen here [1] and here [2].

[1]:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-gear/pull-request/41#comment-68067