So here is my plan.

Over the next few days I plan to use one or more VMs to test various configurations using systemd-resolved to see which ones work and which do not. Then we should be
able to track down why.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

David P. Both, RHCE
He/Him/His
www.both.org - My personal web site
www.Linux-Databook.info - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
The value of any software lies in its usefulness
not in its price.

— Linus Torvalds