Brian,

I understand, but as I already said, compat package can lead to
unwillingness to move forward to autoconf-2.71. For example, we can have a
compat package for f35 to have time to deal with the problems, but
certainly not for f36 or f37. After release of autoconf-2.71, I expect most
of the upstream packages moving to autoconf-2.71 in one year time, so
hopefully no compat package will be needed.

Why are you not thinking of moving parted to autoconf-2.71 ? Are there any
special reasons for not doing this?

Thanks.

Ondrej