Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> I'm just wondering: what's the benefit of packaging Python noarch
> projects in Fedora?
[...]
> In what way is different from installing them by pip?

· Users can install and use programs without caring about what
programming language they are written in.

· Programs can depend on other programs written in other languages.

· Users don't need to run pip to check for Python program updates, cpan
to check for Perl program updates, npm to check for Javascript program
updates, gem to check for Ruby program updates, and so on and so forth.
They can get all their updates with a single "yum update".

· It's easy to set traps on PyPI that trick users into downloading
malware. I've never heard about any such problem in the Fedora
repository.
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/06/college-student-schools-govs-and-mils-on-perils-of-arbitrary-code-execution/
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/devs-unknowingly-use-malicious-modules-put-into-official-python-repository/
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/10/two-new-supply-chain-attacks-come-to-light-in-less-than-a-week/