On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 05:07:06PM +0000, Davide Cavalca via devel wrote:
> I had filed https://github.com/fedora-eln/eln/issues/33 a while ago to
> track documentation improvements around how to consume ELN composes.
>
> I'd like to take a step back and propose adding them to the mirror
> network, akin to what we already do for Rawhide. This would make it
> trivial to consume or mirror them locally (e.g. via rsync), without
> having to hit ODCS directly. The only downside I can think of is that
> it'd consume a bit more storage on the mirrors themselves. Thoughts?

The eln composes (at least as far as I know) are done via ODCS
(on demand compose service) and are already available on the master
mirrors:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/odcs/production/
(Although not via rsync currently).

The big problem with mirroring them back in the past was that they
changed too quick. There's a compose every 3 hours I think. That
wouldn't be nearly enough time for our mirror network to keep up.

Given that I expect the number of people who would sync this content is
so small, perhaps we could just leave them on master mirrors?
(we can enable rsync if you want... just put in a ticket).
If that proves to be too much load, we could perhaps try and sync them
to a s3 bucket or some other location? I just dont think our normal
mirror network would be a good fit here.

kevin