On 29/03/2021 11:49, Dan Horák wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 16:13:08 +0100
> Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro> wrote:
>

>> On 22/02/2021 22:43, Dan Horák wrote:

>> To clarify, there are a range of different issues with different amdgpu
>> cards
>>
>> If anybody can provide tips for troubleshooting in any of these bug
>> reports it would be very welcome.
>>
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1519
>> navi2 - RX 6900 XT
>>
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1446
>> vega RX 56 Red Dragon
>>
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1293
>> Fiji-based cards since kernel 5.7
>
> I suspect there is no other way besides bisecting on a system with
> the same/similar card ...
>
> also adding another page size related issue
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1549
> Polaris-based cards, starting post-5.10, confirmed in 5.11-rc2
>
> but here the original submitter of the bug was able to identify the
> offending commit

In #1446 the original reporter has offered to bisect, I didn't see
further feedback yet.

I'd be willing to contribute a small amount of time on the RX 6800 XT if
I am able to get the card and if I feel the time will be productive, for
example, if somebody more familiar with it can give me some specific
things to test.

I would genuinely like to have the benefits of PCIe 4 and 16GB video RAM
too but the cards are simply not available here.

As the Navi 2 cards appear to be more suited to my purposes, I wasn't
really interested in spending time or money on the Navi 1 cards.  I'd
rather just put the effort in with a Navi 2 card.

Regards,

Daniel