On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 6:18 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:

> There is no good way to do this.

This is one of those cases where I occasionally
miss a mainframe fix update feature to prevent
certain bad automated results.

In SMP/E, there was the concept of HOLD's for
a fix.  There were a number of HOLD reasons,
but one was ACTION, which prevented the
application of the fix unless the HOLD was
released.  I.e. you had to read the docs and
either do, or prepare to do, whatever the
ACTION said to do before you could proceed

Of course, one could just set up systems to
bypass all the HOLDs if appropriate for your
use case, but it could prevent certain errors
from occurring without at least thinking about
the implications of applying the fix.