On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 13:12 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> I'm sure there are others of you out there like me who are using
> Github Actions for continuous integration. Recently, I got tired of
> updating my CI workflow definition every time a new Fedora release
> branched, so I wrote a reusable Github Action[1] to query Bodhi for
> the list of "current" (aka "stable") and "pending" (AKA "branched" or
> "rawhide") releases and return them as a JSON array that can be used
> to dynamically generate the build matrix.
>
> Since I figured it might be useful to others, I have made it available
> publicly. See the Marketplace link[1] for usage examples.

I really need to keep a count of the number of people who've
implemented approximately this. We could have t-shirts!

You can use Bodhi for this, but beware: Bodhi's definition of when a
release goes "current" or "pending" may not match your expectations.
Particularly, releases go "stable" according to Bodhi several days
before they are actually publicly released in the sense that the
expected mirror locations are populated and publicly accessible. See
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/-/issues/214 .

There are two other sources you could use for this information. You can
use https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/api/collections/ , which used
to be an endpoint of the pkgdb app and is now just a hand-maintained
JSON file that gets updated when someone in releng remembers to do it,
or someone expecting the information to be accurate hits them with a
pointy stick.

You can also use
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/metadata/release.json , which gets
updated when *I* remember to do it or when someone hits *me* with a
pointy stick.

I also wrote https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/releasestream as an attempt to
provide a mechanism for making this all less dumb. But I didn't get
around to trying to get it actually deployed in infra and get releng
processes hooked up to it yet.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA