Hi,

After my recent upgrade to Fedora 34, I was disappointed to find out that one of my favorite puzzle games Fish Fillets NG has been retired. So, I decided I should make an effort to get it back from the dead and maintain it.

The relevant packages are:

fillets-ng

fillets-ng-data

The fillets-ng-data compiles without changes on f34 and rawhide, but fillets-ng failed, due to incompatibility with newer lua version, so I made a patch. I made koji scratch builds for f34 and rawhide and compilation succeeded on all archs:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=66893530

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=66893533

I tested the f34 x86_64 package on my computer and it works.

So, now I'm happy once again that I can help these cute little fish find a safe way out from their messy underwater environment. :) Now it's time to share this with other Fedora users :)

What are the next steps for unretiring these two packages and maintaining them?

Btw, I'm still relatively new to Fedora and package maintenance, but I'm already a maintainer of one package - hedgewars, however that package has never been retired, so I haven't yet gone through the process of unretiring a package.

Best regards,

Nikolay