On 5/27/21 10:45 AM, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:
That is quite a painful process. And how do you do that on a MBR system that
dual boots Fedora and Windows 10? I really don't want to go through the pain of
reinstalling Windows and all the programs that I have there.

There's no migration path that doesn't have some (eventual) pain.  And that
includes not migrating.

A useful place to start is a thorough read of

  https://opensource.com/article/19/5/dual-booting-windows-linux-uefi
  https://www.maketecheasier.com/convert-legacy-bios-uefi-windows10/

, considering what exactly your system supports (gpt, efi, etc.), and
identifying where you want to end up.

I don't migrate hardware until it's demonstrated to make technical & business
sense.
We've *lots* of legacy-bios/MBR hardware that's perfectly serviceable with
either/both modern linux / windows.
"It's bright & shiny" isn't a valid argument for change here.

Any _software_ that forces unnecessary cost on the ecosystem, including
dropping BIOS support or generally breaking stable user-space, will get removed
from the picture.  Or, at least, _very_ marginalized/compartmentalized.

Personally I'm banking on the 'old, wise hats' @ distro here to prevent making
foolish choices.  So far, so good.