On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 18:18 +0100, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> The Ubuntu installer does let you use a NFS root for your installation source.
>
> On the point of needing something more complex, such as LVM or full disk
> encryption, that's what we offer our alternate CD installer (debian-installer)
> for.
>
> I'm not challenging your point that the Fedora installer offers more complex
> options.  I just wanted to clarify our approach, as our users are not screwed
> in these circumstances, we just clearly separate their use cases to different
> CDs.

Thanks for the head's up, I considered suicide when I recently tested
10.10/DVD/amd64 and tried doing some standard partitioning using the
default DVD tool. (Unless I missed something, once you create a
partition is stays put, you cannot edit or move it. Nothing beats
creating 5 partitions, just to find out that the first partition [/boot]
is 20MB instead of 200MB - forcing you to delete and restart... Pure
joy)

- Gilboa