On 6/16/21 12:09 PM, Florian Weimer wrote
I'm missing something---I get identicaloutput on my v3 Core i7-4810MQ
Why do you expect different output?

Stephen was showing off his 'oldest' system and I assumed that it was some Penryn-era relic, so I expected a <= v1 result. One cohort of people in this discussion argue that even the oldest systems are quite capable, and another cohort argues the opposite by showing off their 'black beauty' (CarTalk(TM)) antiques that they are loathe to retire. I mistook Stephen for the latter :)

In my limited understanding of HWCAPs, it run-time switches between different code paths for differently capable exec environments---and misreading Stephen's post made me wonder if it somehow emulates the newer ones, which didn't make sense.