Otto Urpelainen wrote:
> Also, if the intent is to get rid of the package completely, should not
> adding it to fedora-obsolete-packages be required as well?

Why? Adding working packages to fedora-obsolete-packages forces removing
them from users' machines just because they are no longer in the repository.
That is a major disservice to the users. fedora-obsolete-packages makes
sense to use only when having the package still present actually breaks
something (and I personally think that it is unhelpful even in that case,
that is really what dnf --allowerasing is for, at least when we are talking
about package-level conflicts).

        Kevin Kofler