On Tue, 2021-06-22 at 01:03 +0300, Otto Urpelainen wrote:
> Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden kirjoitti 21.6.2021 klo 14.50:
> > On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 09:02:12PM +0300, Otto Urpelainen wrote:
> > > I am a bit confused about this discussion. My fedpkg does not care
> > > about the 'sources' file or the lookaside cache at all on 'fedpkg
> > > mockbuild'. It simply looks up the expected filename of downloaded
> > > Source, grabs it from the local working directory and uses that. So
> > > for me this works:
> > >
> > >    rpmdev-bumpspec -D -n 1.2.3 *.spec
> > >    # Update specfile as needed
> > >    spectool -g *.spec
> > >    fedpkg mockbuild
> >
> > Now it also downloads the old files mentioned in sources. In my
> > experience it certainly does care about it.
> >
> > Maybe my request can be reduced to: mockbuild should not download
> > files
> > not mentioned in the spec file. Ken did give a good workaround.
> > Taking
> > that a step further I think something like this would suffice for me:
> >
> > spectool -l *.spec | awk '/https?:/ { print $2 }' | xargs -n 1
> > basename
> > > xargs sha512sum --tag > sources
>
> Ah, you are right. Since I settled on my current workflow, I did not
> even notice those useless files being downloaded. I guess I have not
> encounters are very large one, then.
>
> I filed an issue about this: https://pagure.io/rpkg/issue/559

I prefer have the offline option on new-sources (1) note if you update
sources files with `sha512sum --tag` (2) you won't have more downloads
of wrong files.

I'm also interesting on this feature .

Thank you .

(1)
fedpkg new-sources --offline ${TARBALL_CLEAN} $main_ver $daily_ver
$bytecode_ver

(2)
sha512sum --tag  ${TARBALL_CLEAN} $main_ver $daily_ver $bytecode_ver >
sources

--
Sérgio M. B.