From: Michal Schorm <msch...@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:42 PM
Subject: Fedora - Standard Test Interface - not enough verbose output
To: <st...@fedoraproject.org>, <pin...@fedoraproject.org>,
<sturi...@fedoraproject.org>

Hello,

I have a package: 'mariadb-connector-odbc'.
It has a single STI test in it's dist-git repository, under 'tests' directory.

I've made a PR to the package, attempting (amongst other stuff) to fix the test:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mariadb-connector-odbc/pull-request/2#

This is the "Fedora CI - dist-git test", which is passing, but I'm not
satisfied with:
https://osci-jenkins-1.ci.fedoraproject.org/job/fedora-ci/job/dist-git-pipeline/job/master/49774/testReport/(root)/tests/

The thing is, that the Jenkins only show me a quiet log:
https://osci-jenkins-1.ci.fedoraproject.org/job/fedora-ci/job/dist-git-pipeline/job/master/49774/testReport/(root)/tests/mariadb_connection/

However I want to see the verbose log by default.
(A log that does not only show commands ran, but their output too)

I've ran the STI test manually, in a VM.
I've uploaded all the resulting artifacts here:
https://mschorm.fedorapeople.org/ARCHIVE/Fedora-PR-Standard_Test_Interface-CI/

One of the artifacts is what I got in Jenkins:
https://mschorm.fedorapeople.org/ARCHIVE/Fedora-PR-Standard_Test_Interface-CI/PASS-mariadb_connection-err.log

And this is the one I want to see in jenkins:
https://mschorm.fedorapeople.org/ARCHIVE/Fedora-PR-Standard_Test_Interface-CI/PASS-mariadb_connection.log

Is there a way to get the type of the result I want from STI ?

--

The artifact I want seems to be generated by default, so it shouldn't
be difficult to add it to the Jenkins, right ?

Also, it might be just a configuration issue in my own test.
If I remember correctly, I wrote this test as an early adopter, about
3 year back. (git blame says 2018-05-10) and maybe I just need to
update my 'tests.yaml' somehow ...

--

Btw the Jenkins calls it "Standard Output", but when I ran it
manually, that output was actually an error log:
  "PASS-mariadb_connection.log"

--

I've found your contacts here:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/standard-test-interface/#_contact